During the lease, disagreements may arise between a tenant and their residence.
The CAAP is there to help the senior and their relatives by:
– providing them with quality information about the LEASE in the private seniors’ residence and about the options available to them;
– facilitating a meeting with the landlord/owner to help come to an agreement;
– accompanying them to the Administrative Housing Tribunal (Tribunal administratif du logement) if no other solution was found between them and the residence.
The CAAP counsellors are here to help you!
Examples of situations:
- a rent increase that is deemed unreasonable
- the quality of service received is below expectations
- willingness to terminate a lease – for health reasons, for example
- respect of the rules of the residence
The CAAP counsellors are here to listen to you, assist you and support/accompany you throughout YOUR whole process.
Are you dissatisfied with some aspect of your lease?
Do you believe that your rights are not being respected?